8.05.2011
Where to begin?
Wow, we've been busy the last week or so. As I posted earlier, my mom had flown in to surprise me for my baby shower. We had a blast hanging out, playing with Dominik, and getting baby girl's things ready.
Let's start with last Thursday: We visited my friend Anne, who just had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago. Michael Josef sure is a cutie!
Friday: We spent the day hanging out and we also got our cloth diapers in the mail! Yes I said cloth diapers. We decided to switch to save some money. We are using the FuzziBunz brand, and so far so good. We started last Friday with Dominik. He wasn't too sure of them at first, but I think they are cute! It's not really that much extra work, just an extra 3 loads of laundry per week. I am also drying them outside in the sun, so I'm not wasting money using the dryer! I'm so green...haha.
Saturday: Dom had gymnastics and Grandma L really enjoyed watching him. That afternoon was my shower. I don't have any pictures but once I get them from Jamie and my mom, I will post some. I got quite a few gifts, and baby girl should be set for quite a while. That night we went over to our neighbor's house for a little get together and dinner. Dominik got to play with his friend Kai, and he had tons of fun!
Sunday: Did baby girl laundry and hung out. It was too hot to do anything. We took mom to the airport around 5. It's crazy to think that the next time we see her, we'll have another baby!
Monday: Took Dominik to the doctor for a "sick" visit. I feel very fortunate that this is the first time in 20 months we've had to go for something besides his well baby check up. Anyways...he had a patch of dry skin, or so we thought, on his face. It turned out to be ringworm. I feel so gross even saying it, it just makes me feel dirty, which I know that we aren't. Anyways, we got some prescription cream for him and it cleared up within 3 days. Good riddance!
Tuesday: Layed low, due to the ringworm
Wednesday: Went to storytime and we could get back to doing stuff with other kids. We skyped with Grandma and Grandpa L too. Dominik loves skyping!
Thursday: Bruce was in Salt Lake City for meetings all day. Dominik woke up at 5:45am, so it was a long day. We skyped with Uncle Austin tonight...fun, as always.
Friday: I had a check up today with Dr. Harmon. He's a new Dr. in the practice I go to. He was very nice. Everything was good with baby. Heart rate was 148 and she was moving around like crazy! Next appointment is in 2 weeks.
Well, now we're all caught up. Tomorrow is Dominik's last gymnastics class. And in the afternoon we have a birthday party for his friend Savannah. Busy, busy, busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to see pics of the Baby Shower! I'm sorry sad that I missed it!
ReplyDeleteTake some time for yourself too while you can, Shawna! Can't wait to hear news about Baby Girl Applegate one day!