8.12.2011

Dominik is 20 months!

Seriously, the months are just flying by. I can't believe it's August! Dominik has been very busy lately. In the last month, we've had activities at least 3 out of 7 days of the week, which I think is really busy for a 20 month old! We finished gymnastics, and he just totally loved it. His favorite was the rings and bars. And he now likes to try and hang on everything! I think we have finally gotten through to him on politeness. He sometimes needs to be prompted, but he will say please and thank you. And let me tell you how cute it is when he says it. It's almost in a sing-song voice, and very gentle sounding. You can't help but have it melt your heart! Other words he has learned are dude, get down, guys, and what was that. Or at least we think that is what he is saying. It's pretty funny. He is starting to eat a little less at meals lately, so maybe he has slowed a bit in the growing process. I swear he is going to be huge! We even put size 9 shoes on the other day and they fit! He still has no idea that a baby is coming. Everytime we go into the baby room, he insists on trying to climb into the crib. Not cool. He just wants to play with the stuffed animals in there, but then he freaks out when we try and get him out. He's gonna really freak out in about 6 weeks then :) He still loves his legos, loves to play outside and shovel the rocks into a bucket, and most recently he's begun making "car" noises when he drives his cars around. It's really cute! Oh and he also believes everything is a microphone. From legos, to his tee ball tee, to the bat, to the drip system line that stick out of the ground in the yard, he will go sing into it. I think he's picked it up from one of the shows I let him watch occassionally, Sid the Science Kid. Sid carries a toy microphone around with him and speaks into it, so I'm pretty sure that's where he got it! Last weekend, his friend Savannah turned 2. We went to her birthday party and he had a lot of fun playing with all of the kids, most of them were older, but him and Savannah had fun. Savannah's brother Dallas also likes playing with Dominik. It's fun to see them all together. Well, I think that is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment