8.11.2009
ahhh registering for baby items
This past Sunday we made the trek (well not so much a trek as Babies R Us is only about 5 miles from our house--very dangerous by the way) Bruce was nice enough to join me on this shopping trip even though he despises shopping. My goal was to get done in under 2 hours. Bruce's goal was under 1 hour. Let's just say we met in the middle with about an hour and half.
Let me tell you this place is overwhelming. I have been in before, picking out stuff for other pregnant friends, but when it's for you, it's a little bit more daunting. We slowly began to wander up and down the aisles, me with both the checklist and scanner gun in hand. I can only imagine what would be on our registry if I let Bruce hold that thing! I believe that we have touched just about everything on the registry. The items that probably took the longest was picking out car seats/travel systems. We must have walked back and forth between the car seats for bigger children and the travel systems (stroller with infant car seat and car seat dock for the car--very handy) so many times it made my head spin. Not just the types, but the patterns and different features. We settled on a travel system that is black, silver, and white striped. I've already tested it out and am able to open, close, attach and detach everything on there! 1 point Shawna, and I don't even have a kid yet! We also found the car seat that will be used, once the infant car seat is outgrown, It's Eddie Bauer, dark chocolate brown with silver-ish accents. I'm very happy with what we found.
The next item that took the most time was the crib, and dressers. Aye yi yi. We only found one that we loved at the store, so that was easy, and I also checked online and we are still going with the original one we picked.
I stayed away from registering for clothes since the baby clothing has already started to trickle in from family. I can only imagine how much more will arrive!
We also picked out the bedding, it is sooo adorable. It's called Work Zone, which is very fitting to the Kiewit life. It is very colorful and I can't wait to start putting the room together.
Now before we even made it through registering, I of course had to take a potty break since my poor bladder has limited room. We had made it to the back of the store by the diapers, and I left Bruce alone with the scanner gun. Luckily, he didn't scan anything, but I did come out to find him reading up on cloth diapers and holding a giant koosh-ball punching balloon type thing. I wish I would have snapped a picture of it. Bruce definitely is a child at heart, because he was on his last strings for shopping, but once he found this new toy to play with, he was occupied the rest of the trip! Thank you who ever left this giant koosh-ball thing in the diaper section. You are an angel. Haha.
So we wrapped up at Babies R Us, and we were pulling out of the parking lot, only to see a sign over at La-Z-Boy that they were having a huge sale. We had decided early on, that we were just going to get a nice rocking recliner instead of one of those gliders things. So we headed over there. We found a couple that were so amazingly comfortable, that I didn't want to get out of them. The only thing discouraging was the price tag, even though they were on sale. The one we both loved was $1000--ON SALE, that's not a deal for me. So we left there, and ended up checking out 4 other stores, not really anything spectacular, until the last store-The Room Store. They also were having a sale, we found one that was the last one, and also the floor model. $400 was more in our price range than $1000! It's so great, dark camel color, and leather. VERY COMFORTABLE! Now Bruce and I fight over who gets to sit in it! I'm sure it will get plenty of use by the both of us once the baby comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
daunting is a big word shawna... haha. love you!
ReplyDelete