According to Wikipedia-an intense sandstorm commonly observed in arid regions of the world. Well, we experienced a huge one last night. The pic below I stole from the azcentral.com, I wasn't able to get any as it was too dark by the time it hit our house.
We heard the winds pick up and I went to go peek outside. This was around 8:15 pm. Sure enough, the wind had blown over a couple of our patio chairs (and not just weenie little chairs, we have big sturdy, bar height chairs) and was now attacking Dominik's pool. I told Bruce we should go out and secure everything, so we did. Dominik watched from the window. We could barely see anything! When we came back in, I had to wash my face and mouth out because it was fully of dust and dirt. GROSS.
So we felt better with everything secured. We sat down to finish watching Master Chef (our new summer tv addiction). We were just about to get up to put Dominik to bed and BOOM, 8:45 pm, the power goes out. Fab-u-lous. Well, we lit some candles, got the flashlights and put Dominik to bed. We were slightly concerned about having no air conditioning, but figured we'd wait a bit before completely freaking out. Bruce went outside to see if the whole block was dark, and it was, except for a few neighbors running around with flashlights. So there wasn't anything we could really do, so we decided it was bed time. Not 2 seconds before I blew out the candle in our room, did I hear little Dominik feet running to our room. He wasn't liking all the howling wind. So we all cuddled/sweated as a family. FINALLY, at 10:02 pm the power came back on! Halleluia! Dom had fallen soundly asleep, so we carried him back to bed, and then went to reset all the clocks and make sure everything that needed to be on turned back on, i.e. fridges, a/c, security system. We were good, so then it was finally bedtime! Whew, I was just glad to have a/c back!
No comments:
Post a Comment