7.12.2011

Dominik is 19 months!




So I'm finally getting better about updating this thing. Dominik turned 19 months on Monday, which mean in 2 months I will have 2 kids! AHHHHH!
And I would have published this sooner, but I downloaded Internet Explorer 9 and it isn't quite compatible with publishing on blogger.com yet. Grrrr... and it took me 3 days to figure out how to fix it!
We have been busy fine tuning our identification of body parts. He knows all of the actions to "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes", which I think is pretty impressive. He also still loves "The itsy bitsy spider", and "The wheels on the bus." We sing these songs every week at Story Time, so he is quite familiar with them.
His favorite foods still include ice cream and popsicles. Hey, it's been hot, I'm allowing it :) He loves his fruit, but isn't too sure of vegetables sometimes. He will always try something once, but if he doesn't like it, he'll spit it out 2 seconds after he puts it in his mouth, and then hand it to you. Pretty appetizing, huh?
Activities that we are busy with right now are Story Time once a week at the library and on Saturday we begin a 4 week gymnastics session. At Story Time, we read books, sing songs, and play with other kids. He is very good at sharing and cleaning up the toys. The best part about Story Time is that he gets to bring home a new coloring sheet every week. We now have rotating art work on the fridge. It's fun. We are totally looking forward to gymnastics and he is going to look so cute doing all of the activities. I just checked the registration today and there are 4 kids signed up. A small group, but it will be fun! He's already on the verge of doing somersaults, and last week I caught him walking across the side of the bath tub like a balance beam. He is a little monkey! And speaking of monkey, the little man figured out how to climb up on the barstools! He's only done it twice, but now it's just another thing I have to keep my eye out for.
New words that are easily identified by an adult are "dat" which is used for birds and airplanes in the sky, "whoa", and "wow." He uses both whoa and wow in the correct context, so it's pretty funny if you are watching him do something and he startles himself and says "whoa". I'm sure he's saying more, but those are just easily recognized.
One item that I do have to share is that the other night Dominik apparently came into our room in the middle of the night and brought us one of his pillows. He laid it on Bruce's side of the bed. We didn't hear him or anything, and amazingly enough he returned to his bed without us knowing. This kinda freaked me out, so we will soon be investing in a baby gate to put in his doorway at night. I just don't want him wandering the house at night, especially when he gets a little taller and can reach the locks! Thank goodness we have an alarm system that would trigger if he were to get out!
Well that's about it for now, just trying to stay cool, and as always, praying for just a little bit of rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment