5.26.2009

Staying ahead of the game....

Well, I've broken down and bought some maternity clothes! I don't feel like I am starting to show yet, but some of my work pants are beginning to get tighter, big problem when you have to dress up every day! So off Bruce and I went on Sunday. We had quite the excursion. Stop at Victoria's Secret for panties--10 for $25! Next stop the Sprint Store to get me a new phone and cancel Bruce's line. We splurged a bit and I got a blackberry! Very exciting, so yes, for all of those who have hesitated to text me before since we were living in the dark ages, I now have the ability to text without being charged!! I really thought this day would never come....haha. After the 1 hour in the Sprint Store, we headed off to Old Navy. Got me a cute flowy top, and two fun short flowy cotton dresses--much needed for AZ! Bruce got a 3 new shirts and 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of khakis. After Old Navy, we went to JCPenney's. Bruce got hooked up again with 3 nice pairs of slacks (he's getting important these days) and I got a maternity black pencil skirt, maternity black dressy bermudas, maternity khaki pants, and maternity denim bermudas. I fugre this should get me started so when the day comes when I am standing in my closet, I will actually have an outfit or two to wear to work! Memorial Day weekend was nice and relaxing as always. But coming to work today was a b*tch! Oh well. And congrats to my good friend Kellie and Brent! They got engaged yesterday :) The 6 pack is now almost officially a 10 pack!

3 comments:

  1. Grandma's glad thay you are prepared!! That does not surprize me. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for texting! It's the best!

    I started gathering maternity clothes early too. Check out if any Gap's near you have a maternity section (the one in the Chandler mall does) - I've gotten jeans and dress slacks for less than $10 each in the clearance section. I've also gotten some nice tops there for super cheap too! Also Burlington Coat Factory has a pretty large, cheap maternity section too.

    Ooh! For beginning stage of "showing", check out the Belly Band on Amazon.com. Target also sells their own version in stores too. It's a stretchy material that you wear over your normal work pants (or jeans) that let's you wear your pants unbuttoned. It's AWESOME! I wore the belly band until like 20-21 weeks with my normal jeans and skirts. Let me know if you want to try mine before buying one...I have a black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I might have to try that out Diane. I did look at it online but I was hesistant to purchase. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll have to do lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete