5.07.2009

Ultrasound!!!!!

I went for my first ultrasound today. I was prepared for either the external or the internal ultrasound. One of my friends had the internal and she was NOT prepared for it. Heck, I didn't even know that they did that! Well, needless to say, I lucked out. I got the external :) Bruce unfortunately wasn't able to go with me due to his work schedule, but I was a BIG girl, and survived!
I went into the room, and she turned off the lights, I immediately wanted to take a nappy. She put some gel on my tummy that heated up really fast, it was kinda crazy. And the second she put the little sensor thingy on my stomach, I could see it! A real live baby! It was very exciting, and it even kinda looked like a baby too! She went through and made sure everything was there and in the right place and I am good to go!
I am actually measuring at 9 weeks 4 days, which is about 5 days ahead of what we planned, so as long as "Apple" seed is healthy, I don't care when he/she comes out! Baby Applegate measured in at just over an inch (from head to butt). And has a heart beat of 185bpm (Bruce thinks our baby has ADD and will wear me out, I'm blaming this trait on him!) The head also looks really big. I know the body is still not to it's correct proportions yet, but it still worries me that it will have a "Lucas" head--we all know what that is! haha.
Here are some pictures (sorry they are blurry, we don't have a scanner, so I took the pics from my blackberrry and uploaded them---Thanks for the advice Michaela!)

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! the first baby pic!! Can't wait to meet him or her-- Auntie Carley and Uncle Ben

    ReplyDelete