5.30.2009

lub dub, lub dub

For those of you that don't know, that is the sound your heart makes when it beats. Thank you anatomy class. Iwas able to hear Baby Applegate's heart beat at my Dr. appt on Thursday afternoon. I must admit it was pretty cool. It's kinda weird to think that I have something growing inside of me especially when there really isn't anything on the outside to look at. OH well, soon enough the belly will come and I will probably hate it. At the appt. I was able to record the heartbeat and bring it home so Bruce could hear it. He thought it was pretty cool. Especially since Dr. Fernandez said that we have a little "show-off" since it was so easy to find the heartbeat. She said she usually has to poke and prod to find it on people. Not I said the fly. I've got a super star! Bruce was like now tell me exactly everything that the Dr. said. I want to hear how awesome my kid is. Haha. Well he or she is pretty awesome considering it is coming from Bruce and me, and I'll just leave it at that! :P We are headed to the Kiewit Safety BBQ today. Not exactly your ideal BBQ weather--super sunny, hot, 100 or so degrees (obviously they aren't thinking of the SAFETY of the 12 or so pregnant Kiewit wives that I know of that are pregnant.) Oh well, should be fun, raffles, food, and even a petting zoo. Bruce says he is going to take our kid to the petting zoo, I said good luck with that. I am staying away from stinky animals! I am also excited to see all of my Kiewit wives! It seems like it's been forever since I've seen most of them (well January District meeting WAS a long time ago!) I can't wait to talk pregnancy with all of them, because it seems like almost everyone was thinking the same way we were: "BABIES ARE FINE IN 2009!" haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment