4.27.2009
Telling my parents and their visit
Whew! I am EX-HAUS-TED!!!! My parents were in town visiting from last Tuesday thru Sunday. We were very excited that we got to tell them our news in person, and just like I predicted there were tears from mom :) We also told my grandparents. And of course, more tears from Grandma and congratulations from Grandpa! It was very exciting to finally let some family in on our little secret. Oh and I told the triplets too, and they are more than excited, expecially Rachel who said she will be calling me daily to make sure I'm doing ok. haha.
The trip with mom and dad was very busy, I don't have any pics, they are on mom's camera, so you'll have to deal with verbal descriptions. Thursday we went shopping up at Scottsdale Fashion Square. No buying for me, but lots of looking and mom bought a really cute Husker Christmas ornament. We grilled out for dinner that night as we waited for Bruce to get home.
Friday, got up, walked around the neighborhood, found a garage sale, where we were pretty sure 90% of the items were stolen since they were all still in original packaging! Bruce worked a half day, and we played 9 holes over in Buckeye. My golf game is actually coming around, which is pretty exciting. That night we took mom and dad out for sushi. We went to one of our favorite places in Avondale. No sushi for me, but mom and dad tried it for the first time. Neilsky was even doing saki bombs with Bruce!!!
Saturday we got up early for my volleyball game, I coach a 3rd through 5th grade volleyball team through the YMCA. Pretty much just hung out the rest of the day and went to a cute little German restaurant/bar in Historic Downtown Glendale. They were having a Springfest, so we decided to re-live our Germany experience from a year ago. There was an oompa band, and good beer (none for me of course). They also had trivia games going on and a raffle. Dad bought 17 tickets for the raffle, hoping that we would win something cool like glassware or the big prize a Spaten bar mirror. No such luck. We walked away with 3 t-shirts, 2 dream catchers(very odd, yes), 2 sets of Warsteiner beads, and a $25 gift card to Chili's. Not shabby, but not luxurious, haha.
Sunday we went up into Estrella and hiked around the lake there, it was beautiful. Mom and dad headed back to Omaha at 6:40 pm last night, and they had a safe flight back. I have now realized that goodbyes are going to be A LOT harder now that there is a baby involved, but hopefully we will be able to see everyone a little bit more often too!
All is well for me. Just a little gas, and peeing a lot. (TMI, I know, but hey this blog IS about me :P) I have a Dr. Appt. on Friday morning and (hopefully) she'll check for the heartbeat! Soooooo exciting! So until Friday, peace out my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment