12.02.2009
Top 10 Things I have enjoyed while being preggo...
So here we are almost at the end. I guess I should put up my top 10 things I enjoyed while being pregnant. Here we go!
10. Not having to lift heavy things. Not that I do this a lot, but it got me out of helping Bruce move some stuff and also do things at work. It was kind of nice to just sit back, relax, and watch others get sweaty!
9. Getting a new wardrobe. Granted they are maternity clothes, but I was actually able to find some really cute stuff at great prices. Thank you JC Penney for having an awesome maternity clearance section!
8. Getting Bruce to massage my back/legs/etc. This is a very rare occasion that he does this, but I have been able to squeeze a couple more out of him in the past 9 months.
7. Missing work for doctor appointments. Not that doctor appointments are fun, but missing work/leaving early is always a bonus, I don’t care who you are!
6. Feeling BBA move around. This is really cool, and I love experiencing this with Bruce, especially these last few months when movement has been really strong. Bruce loves to “play” with his kid, he gets to feel “little kid feet” and “little kid butt.” Sometimes he’ll even fist bump him. I think it’s really sweet.
5. Hugs. Probably within the first month of pregnancy, I was reading one of my books and the “Dad Tip” was to be sure to give your wife lots of hugs, because pregnant people need lots of hugs. Now Bruce didn’t really retain any of the other “Dad Tips” but he sure does remember this one! I do get a lot of extra hugs and he’ll hug me and tell me that he loves me and that pregnant people need lots of hugs.
4. Watching all of my friends have babies before me. Most people would probably hate this experience, but I love it! I know about 10 people who have had babies in the past 5 months, so I definitely know who to call with any questions/concerns/etc.
3. Nesting. My house is definitely A LOT cleaner and I have a TON of banana bread, pumpkin bread, etc, etc made. If you want some, come on over :)
2. Strong fingernails. Mine weren’t exactly weak before, but I am definitely able to grow them out longer. And if any of you know me, I usually always have them painted. And my mom always said I did such a good job, that I could probably have a fall back career as a nail tech. I think I’ll pass on the nail tech thing, but I can’t quit my obsession with O.P.I.
1. The unexpected. It is such a scary time, but such an exciting time too! I can’t wait to see what this little guy has in store for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment