9.08.2009

Busy Busy Doctor Appointment

Last Thursday I had my monthly check up. I had my 1 hour glucose test. This is a "fun" test. Just kidding. I had to show up about 30 minutes early to drink this sugary orange substance. I was warned that it might be terrible. But it tasted like a flat Orange Fanta. I had to drink that in 5 minutes. Piece of cake. Then I had to sit and wait until I had my actual appointment. AND I couldn't drink anything! I was getting pretty thirsty. So Bruce shows up and they call my name to take me in. Everything is normal, measuring right on target. Now we just have to register for a hospital tour and birthing classes! Yay! And before the doc let me go, she was like oh by the way, we're going to do your RhoGAM shot today too! Wha-What? unexpected shot? Not cool doc. Not cool. So I had to go back and sit to wait to get my blood drawn from my glucose test and they also pulled 2 other viles of blood as well. Then I had to go back and wait about 15 more minutes before someone could give me my RhoGAM shot. That kind of hurt! It went into my hip and it was really thick and they had to go slow. Not fun, and guess what? I get to do it again when the baby comes! So I got my results back on Friday afternoon. Glucose test was normal--no gestational diabetes!! Thank goodness! I don't think I would be able to get rid of the sweets! My iron levels were low though. Lower than they were in the beginning! So now I have to "up" my dosage to 3x a day instead of 2x. Not a big deal, but this kid is seriously sucking everything out of me! haha. I'm getting ready to head to Nebraska in 9 days for Lindsay's wedding and my baby shower! I can't wait to catch up with my few friends that still live there!

1 comment: