7.16.2009

Nebraska Visit!

Boy am I exhausted! My trip to Nebraska was great. It was so nice to get out of the heat for a week. I was able to see pretty much all of my family that is up there including aunts, uncles, and cousins! I got in Friday night the 3rd and immediately went to the Moon. That always seems to be my first stop when I get back into town. All of the triplets were there and it was weird to see them drinking in a bar and I couldn’t drink with them! Oh well. Saturday, Rachel, Michaela, and I ran some errands at Shadow Lake, and then had my first must: RUNZA! It was just exactly how I remembered it. I love that place! Then it was off to buy fireworks. We had a BBQ at mom and dad’s. Allison and Kellie stopped by too! It was great! Then we put on a fireworks show and grandma even got into it with the HUGE Morning Glory sparklers that Rachel bought. Sunday we just hung out and waited for mom and dad to get home from the lake. We went to dinner with Mark, Lori, Ryan and Beth to El Bee’s. Totally delish! We even got my favorite, fried ice cream! Monday it was bumming around with grandma. We went to get me fitted for my bridesmaid dress for Missy’s wedding. We had to go back Tuesday to pick it up. It turned out really really cute, and I can even wear it again if needed! Tuesday night I met Laura at her new house so I could see it before I left. We then went to Rojas to meet Allison and Lindsay. Dinner was all right, but it was good to see my friends. Wednesday we had a double birthday party for my aunt Teresa and grandma. It was fun to see my mom’s side of the family and some of the family friends that I haven’t seen in a long time. I also got my first case of everyone wanting to touch my belly! At least it was people I know. I don’t know what I’ll do when complete strangers start touching me, I’ll probably smack them! Thursday I went to go get my nails done for the wedding. Friday we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for Missy and Justin. It was good to see a bunch of my college friends that I hadn’t seen probably since I graduated! Saturday the day started bright and early with a hair appointment for the wedding. We actually lucked out that day because it was overcast, and not very humid at all. Perfect wedding weather, especially for NE in July. Wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun—even though I wasn’t drinking! Sunday before I left, mom, dad, and I went and checked out the pedestrian bridge that connects NE and IA. I felt like such a tourist! It was fun thing to do before I headed back to AZ. If anyone cares, I’ll back in September for Lindsay’s wedding and my NE baby shower! Until then….peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment