7.21.2009
Doctor Timeliness
Why is it that when you are late your appointment is canceled, but when the doctor is late you wait for hours? And of course you won't leave because you need to get in and see him/her.
That is exactly what happened last Wednesday at my monthly appointment. SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!
Of course the doctor's office is no where near my job, so I have to leave early. I peace out of the office by 2:45, to get to my 3:30 appointment by 3:15 (like a good patient) only to find out she's running a half hour behind. (By she I mean not my regular doctor. They want us to meet all of the doctors in the practice just in case my primary isn't available the day I go into labor.) So 4 pm rolls around and they call my name, I'm pretty pumped because the normal monthly appointments only last about 15 min or so, and that means I'll still have time to run bra shopping before dinner at Jamie's and volleyball practice at 6:30 pm. WRONG-O my friends. I get weighed, and my blood pressure taken. Then sit, and sit, and sit and sit. finally after 20 min I poke my head out to the nurses station to see about how much longer. She says "Oh no more than 5-10 min." WRONG AGAIN! That 5-10 min turned into another 25. So when the doctor finally walks in, she was like "so we have you at about 15 weeks." WRONG, 3 strikes, she's out. At the time I was just about 19. She had the wrong chart!!!! Come on now, get it right. By then all I wanted to do was hear the heart beat and get the heck outta there. Well I did, and it was beating at about 150 bpms which is great. Sorry for the venting, but it was totally necessary.
On a better note, I was able to schedule the gender ultrasound for next Tuesday July 28th. They even had a super early appointment--which means more convenient for both Bruce and I's work schedules. It's at 7:30 am, so I should be out by 8 and to work no later than 9 depending on traffic. Perfect. That makes me smile :)
I also think that we have both decided that we want to find out the gender of baby Applegate as well. It is going to be all down hill from there because then I can finally go register my little heart out at Babies R Us!
Next doctor appointment is August 6th. Hopefully that one goes smoother than the last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment