5.11.2012

Dominik is 29 months!

Stud man in his fedora at Joseph Fillipi Winery
Wow, these months just seem to be flying by!  And this month sure did not lack in adventure for Mr. Dominik!  He has quite the personality and shows it at every second.  His speech is more developed, loves repeating words that we say, and also loves making up words for words we say.  Our personal favorite is when we say helicopter and he says "dop-bo-bo".  Clearly they don't even sound alike, but it is cute and he thinks it's hilarious!
holding a bird on the Santa Monica Pier
As far as interests go, he is ever busy with Woody, and Mr. Potato head, with his Legos coming in a close second.  Since it has FINALLY been warmer here he has enjoyed blowing bubbles and riding his bike.  I found a bubble recipe and made a huge jug of it since Dominik seems to think he needs to dump the solution out everywhere!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I joined a MOMS Club and we hope to be doing a lot of activities with them soon!
Potty training is getting better.  I have taken him to stores in just his undies and we've had no accidents.  In fact, when Aunt Kay Kay was just visiting and we went to Hollywood, I put him in a diaper just in case, and he had no accidents the WHOLE DAY.  He told us when he had to go, or went when we asked him to!  He was also successful when we went to the beach too!  I'm such a proud momma and can't believe how mature he is getting.
In relation to the potty training, Dominik is also getting better about putting on his undies without us helping.  We are still about 50/50 when it comes to this, so chances are we might have a naked but running around after a potty trip. 
Dominik is also getting better about following directions.  He takes his shoes off when he enters the house, will put his shoes away in his closet, puts his dishes in the sink after meals, and helps console Brooklyn if I can't get to her right away.
putting his hands on Shirley Temples in Hollywood
Dominik with MIB at the wax museum in Hollywood
On the topic of Brooklyn, we've noticed Dominik start to slightly "act up" if we are paying too much attention to Brooklyn.  He recently jabbed his elbow into the cupboard when Brooklyn was crying and then he proceeded to cry to make sure we saw him too.  Pathetic I tell you!  He is also pretty good at the fake cry.  You know it's a fake cry when he covers his eyes and sobs.  Once again, quite hilarious.  He also fake sleeps/snores.  But his eyes are usually open.  When we tell him to close his eyes he gets a huge grin on his face and then can't stop laughing.  Oh this boy definitely keeps us entertained!




Our boat/bird watcher at Hermosa Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment