4.23.2012

Brooklyn is 7 months!

Brooklyn turned 7 months yesterday.  On a side note, my parents' wedding anniversary was also yesterday!  34 years!!!  And another side note...Happy Earth Day yesterday :)

So back to Brooklyn.  She is a mover and a shaker!  She began pulling herself up onto things this month.  She has had a few bruises to the forehead due to some falls from pulling up, but she's a tough cookie!  She loves to crawl towards the stereo and when we yell at her to stop, she stops, poses, and turns around and flashes a smile.  Then she continues on towards the stereo. 

Brooklyn continues to chew, and chew, and chew on EVERYTHING.  Her favorite items are my hair and train tracks from Dominik's train table, oh and an occassional shoe.  Still no teeth, maybe this month.

As far as food goes, she eats solids 3 times a day, and gets breastfed and breakfast and bedtime.  She received a bottle of breastmilk at lunch and afternoon snack, but my personal and frozen supply of breastmilk has diminished and I sadly gave her her first taste of formula yesterday :( .  I have been working on stocking up my formula supply for free via samples and such, and I figure I have probably about a 2 month supply.  I did do better with breastfeeding her compared with Dominik (probably because I knew what I was doing!) So I am happy about that.  I personally also just want to have my body back and wanted her to be on a bottle before summer (whether breastmilk or formula).  She had a rough transition to bottle at first, but she survived!

She is completely fascinated by Dominik and loves to follow him around.  Occassionally they will have a conversation that consists of babble and laughter, it is too cute.  Brooklyn has started to get into Dominik's toys and if it is one of his favorites he gets really upset.  I told him he has to tell her "no thank you sister" and then can gently take the toy away.  He is pretty good at it and we've only had a few tears shed. 

Brooklyn's naps have been good, but her nighttime schedule has been hit or miss the last couple of weeks.  The week after Easter was rough as she woke up at least one time a night.  The end result was either her sleeping with Bruce and I or me taking her out to the recliner to cuddle with me.  Either way, she, of course, fell asleep instantly.  I attribute the waking to either teething or a growth spurt.  We'll never know!  Also after she wakes up from her afternoon naps she is usually happy but if Dominik doesn't wake up from his right away, she gets bored and fussy with me until he wakes up.  She really loves being around him!



And as always, she is still smiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment