9.09.2011

38 weeks...

Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment.  I met with the NP Kim.  She is by far my favorite, besides my own doctor of course.  So she started off by measuring my belly and listening to the heartbeat (148 bpm) of baby girl.  Then she checked me for dilation/effacement.  Unfortunately I have made very little progress.  I was 2-3 cm and 50% effaced 2 weeks ago, and now I am almost 4 cm and still 50% effaced.  Boo.  I was hoping for more progress!  Then she asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes.  If you don't know what that is, look it up.  I won't go into detail, but if you have this done, you could go into labor immediately or within a couple of days.  Well I had this done with Dominik 2 days before his due date and it was the most painful thing that has every happened to me.  Needless to say it didn't work for Dominik, so I'm thinking I will avoid it for baby girl.  I just don't want to feel that pain again.  Then she asked if I would like to be induced if she's not here by her due date.  I don't think I've ever answered a question fast enough.  Yes please!  I don't want that gigantor head of hers getting any bigger.  Yes I know girls are supposed to be smaller, but I'm not taking any chances after giving birth to Dominik!
So I received the phone call this morning, baby girl will officially be evicted on September 22, that is if she doesn't come sooner.  I am scheduled for 6 am.  But I have to call at 5 am to see if they have room at the hospital for me.  We had to do this with Dominik, but his original time was 3 am or something crazy.  But they didn't have room for me at 3 am.  I had to wait until 10 am to head over to the hospital.  Hopefully they will have room for me at 6 am so I can get it done and over with at a normal hour. :)

We will be moving back into our house this weekend, so now I WILL be ready to have this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment