5.02.2011

Easter

One word. Exhausted. I feel like I have barely been home in the last couple of weeks, and its true, I haven't. We had a fabulous Easter in Albuquerque with all of Bruce's family. It was so nice to get the cousins together. They really do love playing together despite the huge age gaps-Mullen-almost 12, Logan-6, Dominik-17 months, and Gabriel-17 months. Well not such a huge gap between Dom and Gabe, but you get the picture. We surprised the whole family by flying Julie, Mike, and Gabe down from Billings. If you could only see the look on Bruce's mom's face when they arrived at the house. It was priceless!
We were busy doing all sorts of stuff-Friday-took the World's Longest Aerial Tramway up to Sandia Peak http://www.sandiapeak.com/. Bruce and I had done this before when he was working in Albuquerque. I totally recommend it if you ever go. It's pretty cool, but if you get cold easily, I'd wait until summer. we went at 4:30pm and it was 44 degrees at the top with ginormous wind gusts!
After the tramway, we went out to eat at Tucano's Brazilian Grill http://www.tucanos.com/. This was truly an experience. Bruce had been here before (of course) so he knew what it was all about. Pretty much you have a block of wood and one end is painted red and the other is green. When the green side is up, the waiters will keep bringing you over all sorts of meat to try. And they won't stop until you put the red side up. It was kind of overwhelming because you wanted to try so much, but then waiters were at your table ever 30 seconds. I felt like I had to race to eat my food. I finally convinced Bruce to turn it to red for 10 minutes just so I could breathe! haha They also had the most extensive salad bar that I've ever seen.
Saturday we colored eggs and just hung out. We needed it after our exhausting meal on Friday!

Sunday was Easter and of course at more and more food. It was great to spend it with family!

Now that we're done with that, off to trip #3, Omaha on Wednesday!
Oh and on a side note, Dominik's new words are "ow" and "uh-oh." He totally understands that if he hits something it's an "ow" and if he drops something its and "uh-oh." But the uh-oh's are starting to get annoying, especially when he drops he food off of his high chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment